THE RACE IS OURS!

The race is not given to the swift, but to them who endure to the end. Take your growth one day at a time and God is sure to meet you there! Let's grow together!

Friday, April 15, 2011

DAY 12 of 21

2 Corinthians 1
Food is a source of comfort for many.  How much of your thoughts have been focused on or overtaken with craving of certain foods, or missing the things you’re fasting from?  If it often?  If it were alcohol or a harmful drug, would you consider yourself addicted if you were this consumed with your desire for them?   This fast may begin an awareness of a harmful place food or certain behaviors may have in your life.  If can reveal an addition.  Pray that our God, who is full of compassion,  and all comfort will become your primary source of comfort.  Ask Him to use this experience with suffering to remove anything in your life that has taken place of the Holy Spirit’s place as your comforter.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, ouch already!!!! That hurt. The other day Chipotle opened a restaurant in Pikesville. I was so excited about it, it felt like my birthday, lol! Even though I know I cannot eat there during the fast, I actually went out of my way on the way home the other day just to "drive by and take a look at it". Ugh! That's so incredibly pitiful. My name is Eva Queen, and I'm a Chipotle addict. There I said it! Please pray for me, family. But seriously, today's message (with all its type-o's - compliments of yours truly) hit hard. I have spent way too much time thinking of the things I am missing. Gotta put that in check. Need your help with this, Dad.

    ReplyDelete