THE RACE IS OURS!

The race is not given to the swift, but to them who endure to the end. Take your growth one day at a time and God is sure to meet you there! Let's grow together!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

DAY 20 of 21 "A NEW DIRECTION"


When I read the first line of the paragraph below (you might want to read the first line to follow me lol)....I found myself saying YES without hesitation! Can I tell you how MAJOR that is for me? 20 days ago I was taking a step of faith on fasting even though I never really saw the point. Now I'm to a place where I honestly don't want to leave this place. Now don't get me wrong, I SHALL be partaking of the feast prepared on tomorrow LOL! But I mean this place of surrender where my heart and mind is. I can't say that I have eradicated every issue I set out to get rid of during this fast. And to be honest, I think God kind of hit me up side the head for that being my goal anyway. (Sidebar: I've realized through this fast that God communicates to me through violence LOL). My initial goals fit into my plan....but not His. During this consecration, I have come to realize that some things will always be a struggle for me. But 1 Corinthians 10:13 says: 
" But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it." 
Through this fast I have found an eternal way of escape. That escape is through my heart! I've learned that though I may struggle my heart and mind can be so TOWARD God and HIS will that even my failures can feel like successes. I've learned that there is a power in denying my instincts and talking to God before moving. I've learned how to be in REAL relationship with Him and that is what makes me want to keep going. Some parts of the food fast I am going to maintain for health purposes. But what I am really going to continue more than anything is the daily heart check and purposeful surrender to God. I've come to realize that this faith walk is not something that can just be on autopilot. That's how we screw up. We think we've reached a certain place and then we hop off the wheel and take a break. Before you know it, you're crashing and have to start all over again. Last night my mom signed to a song called "It Ain't Over". The chorus of  the song says: 
"It ain't over, until God says it's over. It ain't over, until God says it's done. It ain't over, until God says it's over. Keep fighting until the victory is WON"
 
I think every other time I've heard this song, it has been from a place of hardship and I just cried through it struggling to believe that God was going to bring me out of whatever I was in. Well last night, I heard that song differently. I heard it as a war cry. Like, stop trying to get out of the fight. Stop trying to give up and be done every time something gets rough. You are on the battlefield so KEEP FIGHTING!!! God doesn't have time for us to waiver anymore. Don't expect for the battle of this faith walk to end at some point, because guess what it WON'T! As a matter of fact, I can tell you when it's going to end....when Jesus returns! So shine your armor and get in the fight for GOOD!! That's what I've gotten from this fast. I've gotten the charge to be a real warrior. It's going to be hard some days and I'm GOING to fall, but I'm not sitting any fights out. I'm going toe to toe with the enemy (the enemy being the devil AND MY MIND)!!!! I pray that you have been charged the same way and if not ask God to charge you TODAY! Love yall for REAL!
Zachariah 7
Are you considering extending your fast, or may beginning new habits of regular fasting?  If drawing closer to God is your goal every day, both times of fasting and feasting can be holy to the Lord.  Take time to allow God to speak to you about your fasting experience and ask Him to help you reflect on the ways your fast has softened your heart and influenced you to treat others differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment