THE RACE IS OURS!

The race is not given to the swift, but to them who endure to the end. Take your growth one day at a time and God is sure to meet you there! Let's grow together!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

DAY 18 of 21 "The LIGHT at the END"

Last night on our prayer call, quite a few of us requested prayer to keep going! Whether you needed prayer to keep making good decisions, to keep eating the right things, to keep focus or to just keep your heart toward God....we've all got that KEEP thing going on. Sometimes the "keeping" can be daunting. It just feels like we're always pressing, you know? But today as I read this scripture I feel like I got a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel for us. In other words, what God has for us as we keep moving forward.... 

Joel 2:28 "Then after I have poured out my rains again, I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions."

As we continue to join forces together in this fast, I feel like we can take a look at this and begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. When I look at this verse I don't see it as 'We're all about to become apostles' or something. I see it as an awakening!!! God is encouraging us to keep pressing because He wants to raise us up! He is pouring the rain on us now (by the way verse 23 says For the rains he sends are an expression of his grace) so that we can come out RENEWED! I don't just expect to overcome certain "sins" by the end of this fast, but having read this I expect to have FRESH drive and determination towards my destiny! For example, Krista mentioned last night that she needs prayer for direction and what passion to pursue. Well God is saying 'KEEP your focus on ME and stay in this race and I have clarity of thought waiting for you at the end'. Or even Uncle Tank...to me this scripture is God saying 'If you can trust me with all that I have put on your plate and KEEP your heart open, I have the creativity to pour into you to finish the works I've started in you'. I think you guys get the point! Let's start getting excited about where we are because although there has been rain, there is a major harvest at the end that is going to carry us through this next phase of our lives. So put down your umbrellas, open your heart and LET IT RAIN!! Keep on Keepin on Family ;-)! 

Joel 2:12-32
You can finish strong by making sure that your heart is open wide to allow God’s power and presence to sweep across the landscape of your life.  Tell God today that you are bearing your heart before His mercy, compassion, and unfailing love.  Ask Him to give you the courage to join his advancing army.  Ask Him to open your eyes to dreams and visions that are in line with His will for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment