THE RACE IS OURS!

The race is not given to the swift, but to them who endure to the end. Take your growth one day at a time and God is sure to meet you there! Let's grow together!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DAY 16 of 21 "A LOVE Relationship"

Today's scripture and devotional challenge has got me thinking of my love relationship with God. I know we all say we love Him, which I'm sure we do, but how do we show Him? I think a lot of times as Christians we tend to think that our "sinLESSness" is a way we show love to God, when the fact of the matter is that you can cut out every physical "sin" in your life and still not have a heart TOWARD God! Think about it this way. If you have a friend, boyfriend, or girlfriend and they always tell you they care about you but they never want to be around you unless they want something....how would you feel? I'd like to think of God as a real  person....just to make it more personal. Like, have you ever asked God what His love language is? Have you ever thought 'Can God FEEL my love or does He just hear it'? Yeah, I know God is not human and doesn't feel what we feel...blah blah blah....but you know what? He IS our father and I'll bet you money that a dad who took time out of His universal schedule to meticulously construct your life probably would like to have a love based relationship with you. I know personally that I've got some work to do on this. I know my heart is for God, but honestly I don't know if He always feels it. Other PEOPLE might see it, but I know I don't spend enough time with Him to make Him feel special. And see, that's what we do as humans. We cushion our lack of intimacy with God by saying 'yeah I know I'm not doing what I should do' OR 'I know I need to be spending more time with God'....and we leave it right there. In our minds, the remorse is enough to make us feel like we're doing something. Well you know what, It's NOT! I'm talking to myself here so if you get side swiped along the way, my apologies lol. No but seriously, I want God to feel as loved by me as I do by Him and I'm DETERMINED to make that a reality. I'm determined to make our relationship fresh...to find new ways to reach His heart. I really want to build a relationship based on LOVE rather than sin and obligation. Will you join me?

Psalm 27
The title of today’s reading is A Psalm of Fearless Trust in God.  It talks about seeking one thing.  During this time of seeking, its easy to focus on seeking things from God instead of just seeking God…to seek His hand and not His face.  Think of the difference between approaching a king to kiss his hand and approaching a loving father to kiss his face.  God is both King and Father.  He is capable of meeting your needs and answering your prayers.  But He also loves you more deeply than you can ever know.  When you seek His face, you end up in a much closer posture with Him.  Pray today that you will get closer to Him than you ever have before.

1 comment:

  1. Good points Alex. I know I get pre-occupied with my kids. I have been convicted about putting them above my relationship with God during our fast. I spend a lot of time praying for them, but God has put on my heart to spend time with Him about having a closer relationship with Him for me. He tells me if I have faith I don't have to keep asking for the same things, just trust Him. I also have to realize they are young adults and have free will, that is difficult for parents that care so much. Its so easy to become comfortable where we are, instead of striving to get closer to God. During this time just disciplining myself to read the scriptures and not speed through it, but reflect upon it, has been very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete