THE RACE IS OURS!

The race is not given to the swift, but to them who endure to the end. Take your growth one day at a time and God is sure to meet you there! Let's grow together!

Monday, April 11, 2011

DAY 8 of 21 "The STRENGTH of JOY"

So you know the passage of scripture where I think Paul says he finds joy in his tribulation? I'm sure biblemom knows the reference for it lol. Anyway, I never thought I would feel that way. I always read that scripture and thought "He TRIPPIN" LOL. I'm just being real. I did not understand this "joy" until recently. Besides the fact that we've made it through our first fast WEEK as a family, I have joy because I can feel REAL growth. No I'm not ready to be the first Archbishop of the African Church of Christ Who Died and Rose Again, Inc. (whatever that means lol)....but I'm being the real me....making real progress....one day at a time. No it doesn't feel great, but the knowledge that I'm working towards something does. Today's passage in Psalm 100 gives us every reason to have JOY! Now, I'm not talking about happiness. I heard someone say that "happiness is based on happenings". In other words it can fade in and out of your life based on situations. But JOY?? That's a consistent state of mind based on unchanging variables. Read Psalm 100 to see what those unchanging things are that we can have joy in and let that filter into every area of your life. Even the areas that look the most grim are no match for who God is and will ALWAYS be! So with that being said....SMILE!!! ;-))))
 
Psalm 100
You are entering week two of your fast!  This psalm talks about entering into God’s presence with thankfulness, gladness, joy, and praise in your heart.  If you’ve become focused on the physical hardships you’re facing or the burdens you’re bringing to God in prayer, then spend today just being joyful in the Lord.  Write down some things that bring you joy today.  Sing a song of praise to Him.  Pray that God will stir an urgency to press in and see what God has for you beyond His gates.

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone.Hope all is well.Been eating healthy and talking to GOD more. He's showing me some things that I don't need and I thank him for that.I like Psalm 100 where it says "it is he that has made us and not we ourselves. It's like me writing a song.I know that song and why I wrote it and what I feel about the lyrics and music.The song didn't write itself.Others may sing it differently but there's nothing like the original intent.We are his people and the sheep of his pasture.Bless his name.When I play a song I wrote it speaks back to me and I feel joy because it's what I intended it to be.I know GOD feels joy when we're praising his name.Be blessed..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I breezed through Week one, but today the evil one turned up the fire. Crazy at work and home and now I have a lot of work to do for school. I had to make myself stop and read and blog, since I will be up most of the night. But the scripture was good to read after a day like today. I only had 3 hrs of sleep last night and felt bad because I did not read this morning, like I had been, but God knew by tonight I would need to read it. I was the only one to show up for work today, with OIG (office of the inspector general) coming tomorrow everyone was acting crazy about what they have not done for 2years, since the last inspection. The acountant sent me a email that we owe $7000 this year, Courtney called to say her car would not start, Krista called to say the verizon was off, everything and she needed computer access to do her project. My neighbor and coworker wanted me to help her plant flowers this evening, she has Multiple sclerosis. So I went and planted bulbs until 8pm, but I felt good helping her and we enjoyed being outside. So reading the scripture this evening was a good message to read. The verizon is on, Courtney's car started before the mechanic gave her a hot shot and we still owe $7000 to IRS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey family--I actually love that scripture reference that Alex mentioned regarding the Apostle Paul (2 Corinthians 12, BTW). What it says to me is that it is at the moments of your greatest physical weakness that God shows up in the most powerful ways. I learned that this past Sunday when after only having 3 hours of sleep Sunday, I went to church and taught Sunday School, directed the choir, then preached the morning message (yes, I was exhauseted afterwards). But God showed up throughout the entire day, especially during the message, in a powerful way. It's God simple way of letting us know it all about HIM, and not about us. We can do nothing (including this family fast) without him. So the joy comes from the fact that the more we decrease, the more He increases. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete