THE RACE IS OURS!

The race is not given to the swift, but to them who endure to the end. Take your growth one day at a time and God is sure to meet you there! Let's grow together!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DAY 3 of 21 "It PAYS to STAND OUT"

So the big word for the day is "INTEGRITY"!!! Man that can be a tough pill to swallow, for me specifically. It's so easy to let yourself slide with stuff. I'm going to be honest...I had a run in with it this morning. So I came to Panera bread to do some work on my laptop and decided to get a breakfast sandwich while here. Well OF COURSE they ONLY have red meat....Losers!!! Anyway, I could have just gotten a plain bagel or something, but I legitimized in my head that I had no other choice (which really meant that I was too lazy to find another alternative). So I ordered a sandwich with the meat and guess what...it was HORRIBLE! I'm not being deep trying to say my spirit rejected the taste or something lol....no it was really bad! Then I read todays passage in Daniel 1 and it all made sense. Daniel made the decision to stick with his commitment to fruits and vegetables while he was being offered fine food and wine and ended up looking better than the men who ate that stuff! What's the point? INTEGRITY PAYS OFF! Daniel didn't have an accountability partner. He didn't have someone in his ear telling him to stick to his commitment. He just possessed integrity and was motivated to maintain that at any cost. My situation this morning was not just about the sandwich but about what's really going on inside. What I learned from today is that I can't just commit and hope my way through this....I have to be MOTIVATED to maintain that commitment at any cost. SO yet another reality check for your girl. Can anybody relate??

Daniel 1
Nothing but vegetables and water?  And not just for three weeks, but more likely for the duration of their training I Babylon!  This response from these four young  men didn’t come from a fear of getting caught.  It came from a devotion to God’s commands already formed in them before being taken from their homeland.  During this fast, you will have many opportunities to deviate from your commitment…especially if you are separated from others or if no one will find out.  Pray that God will give you the integrity and courage to stick to the standards you have set and honor Him no matter what.
 

3 comments:

  1. I sure can. I have a co-worker who is selling Worlds Finest chocolate bars (and you know how much I LOVE chocolate). Typically, I'd have bought 5, and finished 2 or 3 already. But then, I remembered the commitment I made to God, myself, and my family and have resisted. Tests against our commitment only mean that the commitment will benefit us GREATLY at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Tank! That is hilarious! But this is how it always happens! My appetite has been monstorous since Monday! Be encouraged FAMILY! As Uncle Tank said we will see great benefit from this fast! I have been tested as well! It's a lady week for me and even on my most spiritual day I would normally never fast during my lady week. I have had an attitude and I've had somethings to eat that I shouldn't have but I don't wanna give up despite all the challenges, the busy work week, my fatigue, my discouragement... So keep pressin fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Ashley reminded me on Sunday that our fast ends on Easter Sunday! I think somebody has a prophetic gift, All I can say is GET READY!!!

    ReplyDelete