THE RACE IS OURS!

The race is not given to the swift, but to them who endure to the end. Take your growth one day at a time and God is sure to meet you there! Let's grow together!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

DAY 17 of 21 "HIS truth vs MY trial"

Ok so here is the million dollar question (well not real money cuz I ain't got none).....Is it possible that your fire is a RESULT of your faith?? Yep, your faith....not your sin....your faith. SO let me tell you want jumped out of the scripture at me today. I know the story of the 3 hebrew boys. I know it took an insane amount of boldness and trust in the Lord to be thrown into that furnace and I am STILL learning everyday how to be sold out that way for Christ. But my focus went to the onset of the decision by the king to throw them in the furnace. If you haven't read this scripture yet, basically the king put out a mandate that everyone was to bow to this statue of his. If anyone refused the consequence, of course, was that they would be thrown into the furnace. The hebrew boys stood for their God and decided NOT to bow down to something that didn't represent their Lord. So it got me to thinking....what things in my life have I chosen NOT to surrender to that wants my heart? What things have I stood against, even if just within the past few days, that the enemy had set up to trip me? Could it be that my refusal to bow down to the mindsets, struggles, ideals, etc. that once threatened to bring about my demise has brought about my current "fiery furnace" like state? The answer is YES! I swear I could hear God so clearly telling me that the fire is only as intense as my current fight! We are only in such heavy battles because we have the heavy artillery (faith) to withstand it. It's YOUR faith that got you here! So stop complaining and trying to figure out the "why me's" of your situation and ask God to show you the hidden strength within you that got you to this fiery furnace in the first place!! God can't lie. When He said He wouldn't put more on us than we could bear, he meant it! You know how He knows what we can bear, besides the fact that he's all knowing? It's because we SHOW him! You have probably been flexing your little spiritual muscles before God and didn't even know it. So don't get upset now  that he's upping the weight. He just doesn't want us to get comfortable. So today, I want to say thank you JESUS for challenging me and pushing me to walk into what I already am!! I suggest you do the same!
Daniel 3
This is one of the most powerful stories in the Bible.  These boys were facing a real situation with real consequences.  They were in a position where truth opposed facts.  What facts are you facing that defy God’s truth?  Take the facts to God in prayer and believe with boldness that your God will not only be with you in the fire, but is well able to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment